docs/184791: [patch] man page for 'diff3' references 'info diff' instead of 'info diff3'

Jamie Landeg Jones jamie at dyslexicfish.net
Mon Jan 13 16:19:14 UTC 2014

Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:

> I looked a bit more.  We currently have a fairly old version of
> diffutils, 2.8.7.  It's unlikely that newer versions will be imported
> because they are GPL: https://wiki.freebsd.org/GPLinBase
>
> Instead, there is a project to import the OpenBSD versions:
> https://wiki.freebsd.org/SummerOfCode2012/JesseHagewood
> Current status is not clear.
>
> Given that, I don't see why we can't make interim changes to the GNU
> versions present now.  (And I'm sorry I didn't look at that earlier.)

Ahhh ok. Better to always get fixes made upstream, but in this case,
as we are no longer tracking the stream, may as well make the change
until BSD diffs come into play!

Cheers for your help, and sorry that something so trivial has become
the biggest bikeshed ever.....

For what it's worth, I'm now much clearer on the way we deal with contrib
code.

Cheers, Jamie