docs/186608: typo in 'ctime(3) man page

Benjamin Kaduk bjk at freebsd.org
Mon Feb 10 19:59:30 UTC 2014

On Sun, 9 Feb 2014, Jamie Landeg-Jones wrote:

> Another typo. This time in ctime.3 man page..  I realise this is in
> 'contrib' but there doesn't seem to be any info regarding who this is
> pulled from.

I think that the current ~upstream for the tzcode is supposed to be
https://github.com/eggert/tz/ , but I haven't checked particularly
recently.  (There was some excitement involving a legal action, etc., so
it had gone away and/or moved.)  That said, I don't see a BUGS section at
all in the newctime.3 in that repo, and I also don't see the erroneous
line you quote in the history of that repo, so ... I'm not sure what
happened.

> I hope I don't get the reputation for most anal contributor :-(

Definitely not!

> (Is a PR the best way to report something so insignificant? Seems like
> overkill... Gimme doc commit access!)

PR is fine, it gives us a place to look when we need to find things.

> Anyway.... The word 'leaves' instead of 'leave' in the following line:
>
> "-these functions leaves their result in an internal static object and return"

Thanks for pointing it out.  I'll try to think about what the best route
to a fix is.

-Ben