Improving callout lists in HTML (CSS)

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Tue Feb 4 03:36:23 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2 Feb 2014, Warren Block wrote:

> The attached patch, created with the help of Allan Jude, tightens up the
> spacing in HTML callout lists, making them easier to read.
>
> After applying it, I did not see any problems with the callout lists in the
> Handbook.
>
> Unless problems are reported, I'll commit it in a day or two.

It's been pointed out that there were few specifics and no example of
what this patch does, so here is one:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-wireless.html#co-tls-ssid

Look at the callout list after the programlisting.  The numbers on the
left are far from the descriptions, and there is a lot of vertical space
between the entries.

Building the Handbook copies doc/share/misc/docbook.css into the
Handbook directory.  So patch the original, do a 'make clean' for the
Handbook, then refresh the browser to view the new version.