docs/178818: gmirror(8) says to use rc.early which is no longer available

The BSD Dreamer beastie at tardisi.com
Tue Apr 29 19:20:01 UTC 2014

The following reply was made to PR docs/178818; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: The BSD Dreamer <beastie at tardisi.com>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: docs/178818: gmirror(8) says to use rc.early which is no longer
 available
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 14:18:52 -0500

 On 2013-11-06 07:56, The BSD Dreamer wrote:
 > Sorry for not replying sooner, but it didn't quite work for me and
 > forgot to come back later to see why, since what I hacked seemed to be
 > working...until recently.
 >
 > So, I revisited this problem.
 >
 > One change to your diff... http://lkc.me/5D

 System: FreeBSD zen.lhaven.homeip.net 9.2-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE-p4
 #0: Tue Apr  8 18:08:22 UTC 2014
 root at amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

 So, recently, I had the system panic twice, where it did dumps but they
 couldn't be found by /etc/rc.d/savecore.

 Leads me to suspect that this rc script needs a similar tweak.

 http://lkc.me/5I