Downplaying a serious issue

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Thu Apr 3 13:52:13 UTC 2014

On Thu, 3 Apr 2014, Torbjorn Granlund wrote:

> Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> writes:
>
>  Do we?  What should it say?  Please be specific, preferably in the
>  form of a PR.  Is this really a doc problem?
>
> Full disclosure.  Don't downplay.  Both the scope and the gravity of the
> issue is grossly downplayed here

I asked for specifics.  "Grossly" is subjective.  What information
should be given?  What specific configuration and situation fails,
and in what way?

> The truth is that FreeBSD/i386 10 is completely unusable under all three
> major type 1 virtualisers.  It should not be used, or one will cause
> data loss.

Please post evidence of that.

> It might be embarrasing to fess up about bugs, but downplaying serious
> issues make people lose confidence.  Which is worst?

I pointed out before that accusing us of things will not produce good
results.  If you want to discuss concerns politely, without assuming the
worst of us, I'm interested in that.  Otherwise, I'm going to use my
time elsewhere.