Much publisher translates "the hard way" and produces "shit" of type firewall transform "Wall of Fire" shell transform "other thing " and such :)

Remko Lodder remko at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 3 07:16:11 UTC 2014

On 02 Apr 2014, at 22:42, Allan Jude <freebsd at allanjude.com> wrote:

> On 2014-04-02 16:11, velocidade da luz wrote:
>> A moderator of the Brazilian group users FreeBSD (FUG-BR) told me via chat list FUG-BR: Care to go see books in bookstores of Linux or BSD in Portuguese . Much publisher translates "the hard way" and produces "shit" of type firewall transform "Wall of Fire" shell transform "other thing " and such :) "
>> The moderator wblock of FreeBSD Forums answered so:
>> "With the print-on-demand industry, someone is probably willing to sell machine translations."
>> What is its opinion about it?
>> The thread has been deleted, because of this, not put the link.
>>

> This is why the FreeBSD Documentation Project does not accept machine
> translations, and instead has hard working teams of people translating
> the documentation by hand.
>
> --
> Allan Jude

Dear velocidade da luz,

You have to be kidding me, this thread was mainly deleted because you quoted me on the forum without my consent.

I told you many times in our private email discussions which you copied on the forum, that we do not do these translations.
We translate word for word, context for context, because for example google translate makes a mess out of it.

You are again asking the same question? What is it in my reply that confuses you because it has to be something that I am
not clearly explaining and I wish to assist and help you giving the right context that also makes sense for you.

Thank you,
Remko

--

/"\   Best regards,                      | remko at FreeBSD.org
\ /   Remko Lodder                       | remko at EFnet