[HEADSUP] Merging back the xml-tools branch

Gabor Kovesdan gabor at FreeBSD.org
Sat May 18 22:38:31 UTC 2013

On 2013.05.18. 13:01, Warren Block wrote:
> On Fri, 17 May 2013, Gabor Kovesdan wrote:
>
>> Em 16-05-2013 12:57, Gabor Kovesdan escreveu:
>>> I'll be merging back the XML toolchain changes to head tomorrow
>>> around 6pm GTM. I'll temporarily lock head to avoid conflicting
>>> changes at the same time and head will be reopen very soon after the
>>> merge is complete. At the same time, the textproc/docproj port will
>>> be updated accordingly.
>> The merge is completed, Glen and I will be watching if everything
>> went fine. You can continue working on documentation now, head is now
>> open and make lint works again. Please run it before committing. If
>> make lint passes, the build must succeed as well.
>
> Worked for me last night.  Doing a 'make book.html' of the Handbook
> still ran tidy; wasn't that supposed to go away?
Only partly and it comes from the nature of how we process our doc set.
Having book.html requires to parse book.xml first, where all entity
references are resolved and the document is also validated. This parsed
XML is the output of further steps that actually generate output.
However, Schematron constraints are not checked in this case, only when
you actually run make lint.

Gabor