[CFR] Migrating the documentation to a real XML toolchain

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Thu May 9 03:25:11 UTC 2013

On Wed, 8 May 2013, Gabor Kovesdan wrote:

> I've fixed all the reported problems again. (Except those that were already
> there before my work, since they are not trivial to fix in this phase.) I've
> also updated the generated documentation set:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~gabor/db45/
> <http://people.freebsd.org/%7Egabor/db45/>
>
> Please let me know if you find more problems. I remind you again that the new
> generation process is quite different so there are differences in the
> rendering but please report only differences that you think that are
> problematic. We plan to merge back this changeset to head quite soon so that
> we can progress with further improvements and to avoid the maintenance cost
> of the branch.

HTML versions don't have a single/split HTML selection.

>From the FDP:

"Last modified on 2013-02-18 bygabor." (missing space)
                               ^^

>From the Handbook:

The FreeBSD copyright and the trademarks are both shown as "Legal
Notice" links.  I don't know if they should be shown inline as they were
previously, but the links ought to have different names.

One other thing that jumps out is that <userinput> sections are in bold,
while the rest of the <screen> section is not bold.

I didn't see anything that was a serious problem.