FREEBSD SYSTEM ADMINISTRATORS MANUAL

Derek Wood ddwood at highdensity.org
Thu Mar 21 14:09:39 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 04:08:55PM -0500, Claudia Chairez wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Where can I find this for purchase? I am looking for the english translated
> version.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Claudia C.

Hello,

Is this for historic or informational reasons? According to the FreeBSD
publications list, that document is a 1998 Japanese translation of a portion of
the FreeBSD handbook [1]. Because of this, you would probably be better off
downloading a current copy of the handbook, which is available immediately
online in HTML form [2] or in compressed {HTML, PDF, PS, RTF, text} form [3],
and a printed version of this handbook is expected in mid May, as per the wiki
entry for the published formats project [4].

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/publish.html (this is a long list, search for the title)
[2] http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/
[3] ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/doc/en/books/handbook/
[4] http://wiki.freebsd.org/PublishedFormats