[RFC] freebsd-update-server article update

Jason Helfman jgh at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 5 06:29:04 UTC 2013

Hello All,

Attached is a patch that introduces a number of updates to my article on how
to create your own FreeBSD Update Server.

Part of this update will also allow users to build update servers, as the
code for the freebsd-update-server was in the projects repository in CVS
that is no-longer available.

The changes are as follows:

* Add copyright for 2013
* Point users to new source of software. (location name and source have
changed).
   * cvs -> svn
   * freebsd-update-server -> freebsd-update-build
* Add instructions how to get software, as download via tarball is
no-longer an option.
* Role change for Security Officer
* Drop tip for rst packets as this is no longer an issues with all supported
versions of FreeBSD.
* Drop two tip comments as they have been merged into document. (one
previously, and one for this diff)

Any comments, suggestions and feedback are welcome. My documentation skills
are not the greatest, so pardon any whitespace or placement issues and feel
free to slap me with an editorial fish!

Thanks!
-jgh

--