"injunction" on the use of GA

dt71 at gmx.com dt71 at gmx.com
Wed Jun 5 18:08:02 UTC 2013

On 06/05/2013 16:34, John Baldwin wrote:
> There was quite a lively discussion of this
> before it was enabled and a summary of the reasons for using it was posted to
> announce@ quite a while ago:
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-announce/2012-December/001441.html

1. I was unable to find any traces of such a discussion. Apparently, if there was a discussion, it was held between a small, closed group.

2. After the announcement, arguments were given by the community, that
    (a) the reasons in the announcement do not warrant the use of GA, and
    (b) there are good reasons why we should not use GA.
    These arguments were simply ignored.

People only annoy me when they point me to previous discussions -- ones that I have participated in -- or to the announcement.

Again, the announcement is not a reply to the community's arguments against GA. The opposite is true.