RFC: Upgrading to DocBook 5.0

Gabor Kovesdan gabor at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jul 3 08:27:00 UTC 2013

Em 24-05-2013 19:35, Gabor Kovesdan escreveu:
> I'm working on upgrading our documentation set to DocBook 5.0 and I'd
> like to discuss some details. We have some customizations and strange
> uses, which can be expressed with DocBook 5.0's own vocabulary. This
> upgrade is a good opportunity to change these, as well. I propose the
> following changes in our vocabulary:
One more thing to discuss: shall we maintain the sect1, sect2, ...
elements or just use section? The section element can have another
section element embedded and the numbering in the rendered version is
inferred by the level of embedment. This is more uniform and less
redundant. In own docs that I write with DocBook I only use section and
it works fine. Opinions?

Gabor