[patch] content changes to X11 chapter

Marc Fonvieille blackend at freebsd.org
Sat Jan 19 14:48:08 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 06:39:46AM -0800, Dru Lavigne wrote:

> Attached is a cleaned up diff. I've re-added the pre-requisite and
> fixed the Crtl+Alt+F#. Marc, can you double-check that the
> localization text you are looking for is incorporated into 6.8.2? If
> that is not it, please quote me some of the missing text so I can
> re-add it.

The text is in the diff, so it's Ok.

You said that this diff is for the printed version, so maybe it will not
be merged back as this.  I think that things like
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x-understanding.html
(I mean a modernized version) should be kept in the "official" handbook.
This section explains concepts that newcomers will need to know to
completely understand what is Xorg/X11.  For example you removed the
word "window manager" from the whole chapter, maybe it's Ok for the
printed version but not for our handbook.

Do you have a rendered version somewhere?

--
Marc