[patch] content changes to X11 chapter

Marc Fonvieille blackend at freebsd.org
Sun Jan 13 11:08:12 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 02:31:52PM -0800, Dru Lavigne wrote:
> Attached is the svn diff for the X11 chapter. This represents a
> complete content update of this chapter.
>
> Igor is mostly happy. I think the remaining indent errors are false
> warnings as they only occur when an inline tag is in the previous
> <para>.
>
> I did not verify the widescreen settings. I think the i810 section is
> correct. The KDM section needs more content. Other than that, it is a
> decent first pass at bringing this chapter into the 21st century.

Some thoughts:

- the whole diff will be difficult to read for a translator: section
  moves, whitespace & content changes, etc.  It will be important to
  commit in separate parts: for example: 1st section moves/removals, 2nd
  addition & content changes and 3rd whitespace/indentation changes;

- you removed the prerequisite of knowing how to use ports, I think it's
  important to know how to get a ports tree before using the ports;

- you removed the way to get a localized keyboard for people not using a
  desktop manager.  Well this configuration is not easy to guess for a
  newcomer.  Maybe it can be kept somewhere in the chapter.

- What is # in Crtl+Alt+F#?

--
Marc