docs/175123: [geom] gpart list/status isn't documented in usage section of gpart(8)

Garrett Cooper yanegomi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 20:10:01 UTC 2013

The following reply was made to PR docs/175123; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Garrett Cooper <yanegomi at gmail.com>
To: "Andrey V. Elsukov" <bu7cher at yandex.ru>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: docs/175123: [geom] gpart list/status isn't documented in usage
 section of gpart(8)
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 11:59:55 -0800

 On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 12:56 AM, Andrey V. Elsukov <bu7cher at yandex.ru> wrote:
 > On 08.01.2013 09:21, Garrett Cooper wrote:
 >> More items are documented in the usage text for gpart(8) than the manpage.
 >
 > The rest are documented in the geom(8).

     Perhaps, but for a newbie (or forgetful people like me ;)..) there
 isn't really a pointer from gpart(8) to geom(8) to note that
 additional subcommands are available and note what the syntax is for
 all of the commands. I would be satisfied with a more explicit pointer
 to geom(8) (other than the SEE ALSO section at the bottom of the
 manpage), as one doesn't exist today.
 Thanks,
 -Garrett