Doing some unroutine maintenance...

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 15 04:45:32 UTC 2013

Glen Barber <gjb at FreeBSD.org> wrote
  in <20130415041004.GD1526 at glenbarber.us>:

gj> *sigh*...
gj>
gj> On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 11:41:06PM -0400, Glen Barber wrote:
gj> > Hi,
gj> >
gj> > We have a few broken links here:
gj> >
gj> >     http://www.freebsd.org/relnotes.html
gj> >
gj> > Also, some links that should be there are missing.
gj> >
gj> > I'll try my best not to do anything stupid while trying to fix
gj> > these, but just in case, please ignore any random www build
gj> > failures for the next hour or so.
gj> >
gj>
gj> Well, this rabbit hole goes much, much further than I originally
gj> expected...
gj>
gj> Good news:  I won't be breaking anything tonight
gj> Bad news:   We still have some broken/missing links
gj> Worse news: I'll try again tomorrow, when it is earlier in the day:)

 Updating this page needs changes to htdocs/relnotes/Makefile* and
 tools/webupdate to adjust them to use SVN and the current directory
 structure on the server.  I fixed the www build part when CVS->SVN
 migration of the doc tree, but left the relnotes part because it was
 still in SGML.  IIRC, the script on the server is not exactly the
 same as one in the repository.  You can safely remove old links like
 [67]-STABLE in relnotes.xml.

-- Hiroki