RFC: Changing the documentation's font style.

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-lists at be-well.ilk.org
Fri Apr 12 17:06:59 UTC 2013

Patrick Powell <papowell at astart.com> writes:

> I tried an experiment.  At smaller font sizes the San Serif fonts were
> easier to read.
> Ummm...  and I am definitely an 'Old Timer'.

Not only is this a bikeshed discussion, it's the equivalent of arguing
what color of papier-mâché to build the bikeshed out of.

The FreeBSD style sheet does not and should not specify anything about
the display font. We should not override the reader's choice of font,
any more than we should force a particular font size.