RFC: Removing translation leftovers

Gabor Kovesdan gabor at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 24 09:19:21 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've found some files that are not present in the English tree any more
but they are still available in the translation projects. Some of them
are especially old and if not searched explicitly, probably these just
remain unnoticed. The XML migration and the improvements we are doing is
a great occasion to clean this up now before we go on to rename files. I
paste a list of stale files per each translation here. I'm also CC'ing a
member of each translation project. Can I remove these?

Brazilian Portuguese:
books/handbook/sound/chapter.sgml

French:
articles/ip-aliasing/article.sgml
articles/java-tomcat/article.sgml
articles/make-world/article.sgml
articles/ntfs/article.sgml
articles/ppp/article.sgml
articles/programming-tools/article.sgml
articles/pxe/article.sgml
books/developers-handbook/driverbasics/chapter.sgml
books/developers-handbook/locking/chapter.sgml
books/developers-handbook/pci/chapter.sgml
books/developers-handbook/scsi/chapter.sgml
books/developers-handbook/usb/chapter.sgml
books/fdp-primer/in-progress.sgml
books/fdp-primer/the-faq/chapter.sgml
books/fdp-primer/the-handbook/chapter.sgml
books/fdp-primer/todo.sgml
books/ppp-primer/book.sgml

German:
books/developers-handbook/dma/chapter.sgml
books/handbook/newsgroups.ent

Italian:
books/unix-introduction/bibliography/chapter.sgml
books/unix-introduction/book.sgml
books/unix-introduction/chapters.ent
books/unix-introduction/command-summary/chapter.sgml
books/unix-introduction/commands/chapter.sgml
books/unix-introduction/editors/chapter.sgml
books/unix-introduction/getting-started/chapter.sgml
books/unix-introduction/glossary/chapter.sgml
books/unix-introduction/history/chapter.sgml
books/unix-introduction/preface/chapter.sgml
books/unix-introduction/shell-programming/chapter.sgml
books/unix-introduction/shells/chapter.sgml
books/unix-introduction/special-features/chapter.sgml
books/unix-introduction/structure/chapter.sgml
books/unix-introduction/system-resource/chapter.sgml
books/unix-introduction/text-processing/chapter.sgml

Japan:
books/handbook/backups/chapter.sgml
books/handbook/contrib/chapter.sgml
books/handbook/hw/chapter.sgml
books/handbook/internals/chapter.sgml
books/handbook/jcontrib/chapter.sgml
books/handbook/kerneldebug/chapter.sgml
books/handbook/kernelopts/chapter.sgml
books/handbook/policies/chapter.sgml
books/handbook/staff/chapter.sgml
books/ppp-primer/book.sgml

Russian:
books/developers-handbook/driverbasics/chapter.sgml
books/developers-handbook/locking/chapter.sgml
books/developers-handbook/pci/chapter.sgml
books/ppp-primer/book.sgml

Traditional Chinese:
books/developers-handbook/dma/chapter.sgml

Thanks,
Gabor