RFC: standardizing SVN properties in the doc repo

Glen Barber gjb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 19 13:11:12 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 03:08:46PM +0200, Gabor Kovesdan wrote:
> Em 19-10-2012 14:45, Eitan Adler escreveu:
> > +1
> > also make sure svn:executable is properly set
>
> Ok, good point.

> > Why not fix svn:mime-type instead of fbsd:notbinary?
>
> Does it always help? Let's say you have a Big5 encoded file and you set
> mime-type to application/xml. Won't svn complain any more thinking it is
> a binary file? I don't want to make noise in the repo trying such things.

I don't think it always helps.  When I converted the
stable/9/release/doc parts of the tree for the XML conversion, there was
one file there that insisted on being binary, even after setting
svn:mime-type.

Glen