docs/172313: man page for portupgrade doesn't describe the effects of --batch

Ronald F.Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Thu Oct 4 00:00:25 UTC 2012

>Number:         172313
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       man page for portupgrade doesn't describe the effects of --batch
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: 8.3-RELEASE

The man page for portupgrade fails to describe the actual effects of --batch

>How-To-Repeat:

man portupgrade

>Fix:

Insert something like the following (which I found online):

The effect is that no configuration menus will pop up and require user intervention. The ports being upgraded will either use their default configuration options, or the ones previously saved during make config