[RFC] (partial) patch to clean up authors.ent / developers.ent duplication

Glen Barber gjb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Nov 28 00:00:05 UTC 2012

Hi,

[Disclaimer:  I have not yet looked at the patch.]

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 10:03:41PM +0100, René Ladan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we currently have two files in our documentation tree for committer
> entries (i.e., &a.committer-name; ): share/xml/authors.ent and
> share/xml/developers.ent, as indicated at [1]. Worse, in authors.ent the
> entities have an email address included hile in developers.ent they do
> not. I have a (partial) patch at [2] to merge these two files and unify
> the meaning of these entities. Currently it:

[...]

All of your proposed changes sound very good to me.

> Questions:
> - Maybe this should go in a branch first (especially when it is decided
> to include the translations)?

My (personal) preference would be to do this in a project branch.  Then
we can worry about what to do about translated documents, contingent on
if untouched translations contribute to build breakages.

> - There is no ds@ , although the current documentation somewhat suggests
> he has an account?

He has an email account, but not a login account (if I remember
correctly).  For his case, we can hard-code a ds@ email, if needed.

> - The 2005 and 2006 editions of the Summer of Code pages include email
> addresses, while the 2007 and 2008 versions do not?

Hmm..  No idea about this part.

Thanks very much for starting this.

Unless there is objection from anyone, please feel free to create a
projects branch for these changes.

Glen