authors.ent and developers.ent ?

Simon L. B. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Thu Nov 8 16:10:31 UTC 2012

On 3 November 2012 23:57, René Ladan <rene at freebsd.org> wrote:

> author entities are defined both in authors.ent (with email address) and
> developers.ent (without email address). The latter is used in e.g.
> htdocs/administration.xml, resulting in cumbersome lines like
>
>  <li>&a.name; <<a
> href="mailto:name at FreeBSD.org">name at FreeBSD.org</a>></li>
>
> where just
>
> <li>&a.name;</li> would be clearer.

This is an artifact of the old doc/ www/ split, and yes - it should be
fixed. But I suspect developers.ent is used in HTML files, so you
can't use <email> but that may have changed since I last looked at it.

Please do fix - it's a PITA when updating web pages which needs User
Name <email at freebsd.org>.

--
Simon L. B. Nielsen