docs/163877: apm(4) is not installed

Schaich at FreeBSD.org Schaich at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jan 6 21:30:13 UTC 2012

>Number:         163877
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       apm(4) is not installed
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
APM(8) refers to APM(4) in it's SEE ALSO section. However APM(4) was not installed here.
I assume that this is due to APM(4) being in
share/man/man4/man4.i386/apm.4
i.e. it probably only gets installed on i386.
>How-To-Repeat:
man apm (on amd64)
>Fix:
easiest solution probably is to sed- or patch-away the references to APM(4) in usr.sbin/apm/apm.8 out during installation on non-i386.

patch is attached. usr.sbin/apm/Makefile needs still to be modified, as I don't know how to do arch checks

Patch attached with submission follows:

diff --recursive a/usr.sbin/apm/apm.8 b/usr.sbin/apm/apm.8
78,80d77
< See
< .Xr apm 4
< for details.