committing entity changes to translations

Glen Barber gjb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 21 14:09:12 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 09:04:00AM -0500, Eitan Adler wrote:
> On 21 December 2012 06:27, René Ladan <rene at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > On 21-12-2012 08:09, Eitan Adler wrote:
> >> How do I commit something like the following:
> >>
> >> The patch touches the de_DE.ISO8859-1 as I am removing a non-existent
> >> man.ipnat.1 entity [note: other translations may require this too. I
> >> am asking about the general process requirements].
> >> Should I commit the English language version first and wait for the
> >> translations to catch up before removing the entity?
> >>
> > I would just add the new entity and only make the English change, the
> > translation should catch up after a while.
>
> There isn't a new entity... I am *removing* one.

Does removing the entity cause build breakage?  (I suspect it will.)

In such a case, the entity should stay until the translations have
caught up, someone from doceng@ will handle the !en_US parts.  But it is
preferable for the removal to happen as part of the normal translation
cycle.

Glen