making it clear that pkgng doesn't have a repo yet

Eitan Adler lists at eitanadler.com
Sun Dec 9 18:07:01 UTC 2012

On IRC a lot of new users are getting very confused with pkgng:

<rpglover64> Hi. I'm new to FreeBSD and I just installed it on my
server. I'm trying to use pkgng, and I think it's behaving weirdly: it
seems to have no remote database, but it's not complaining about
missing the PACKAGESITE variable. When I do something like `pkg search
vim` I get no results and an exit code of 70
 <galdor >   I would suggest that the handbook be edited to explicitly
state it's not really usable right now I made the same mistake

This seems to be a common theme (I've quoted only 2 out of many so
far).  Perhaps we should include an explicit note explaining that
there are no repos for pkgng yet and that it may not be worth using
just yet?

--
Eitan Adler