[CALL FOR REVIEW] doc and www converted to XML

Gabor Kovesdan gabor at FreeBSD.org
Sat Aug 25 19:16:26 UTC 2012

Em 25-08-2012 19:58, Hiroki Sato escreveu:
> Ah, what I wanted to point out is that not only in the headers the
> ids are converted to lower case in the new framework.  I also
> think we can ignore the impact for the headers.
>
> As you know, the Jade program uses the upper case because it
> supports SGML general name normalization for the ids and NAMECASE
> GENERAL is YES in SGML declaration for HTML.  The xsltproc program
> does not always do so because NAMECASE GENERAL is always NO in
> XML.

Ok, now I see you are referring to docs not www. I was talking about
www because I only did manual conversion there. A side effect of
changing the SGML declaration used by Jade to enforce XML syntax is
that NAMECASE GENERAL is NO as you said. For now, I don't know what to
do with that. If we start using XSLT, we can customize the DocBook XSL
stlyesheets to do such a normalization. I think it shouldn't be
difficult but I'll have to see how the corresponding parts are written
in DocBook XSL. Do you have any suggestions how to handle this for the
interim period?

Gabor