[CALL FOR REVIEW] doc and www converted to XML

Gabor Kovesdan gabor at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 21 08:57:01 UTC 2012

Em 21-08-2012 02:16, Warren Block escreveu:
> Agreed.  I think the primary benefit would be taking advantage of a
> toolchain that someone else maintains.  I don't know how well it would
> work for us.  The nice thing is that with DocBook XML, the choice
> becomes available.

I'm not saying either that it is useless. It can be a good source of
ideas, I just wouldn't adopt it as is.

>> Anyway, FOP is the best free renderer out for PDF but it depends on
>> Java. Publican also uses FOP. Personally, I think we should get a
>> compromise and depend on Java or otherwise we never will have modern
>> features and outlook in our PDF documents.
>
> With OpenJDK, Java is a lot less of a hassle than previously.

I'm not following the OpenJDK development these days. Does it require
any bootstrap JDK to build? And once built, can we distribute it freely
as a normal package?

Gabor