HEADS UP: doc/ slush begins

Marc Fonvieille blackend at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 9 19:46:16 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 09:15:34PM +0200, Marc Fonvieille wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 09:46:33PM +0200, Marc Fonvieille wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 08, 2011 at 02:15:45PM +0200, Marc Fonvieille wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > As announced, the doc/ tree is now in a slush.  Please postpone all
> > > non-essential changes until after the doc/ tree is tagged (currently
> > > scheduled for 23 August, 2011).
> > >
> > [...]
> >
> > We're going to slip a bit the doc tagging date.  BETA2 is not there
> > yet...
> > The doc/ tree tag should happen just before the ports features freeze.
> > I'll post a new date soon.
> >

> Heads up:
>
> The doc/ tree tag is scheduled for 9 September, 2011

The doc tree has been tagged for 9.0-RELEASE.  If you noticed a problem
or have a change which must be included in the release, please let me
know.  I will update the docs ports soon.

You can consider the doc tree is open for commits now, but any sweeping
changes should be postponed until after the release day.

Thank you for your cooperation and keep up the good work!

--
Marc for doceng@