Conversion to SVN

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 9 16:37:06 UTC 2011

On 10/09/2011 08:33, Marc Fonvieille wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 09, 2011 at 03:57:59PM +0200, Gabor Kovesdan wrote:
>> On 2011.10.08. 11:03, Marc Fonvieille wrote:
>>> And before doing the change, some things should
>>> be done: complete separation between release docs and doc/
>> Or maybe complete integration? Once we are in SVN we can branch release
>> docs even if we do not branch the rest to make it easy for translators.
>> What do you think?
>>

> It's obvious that your point of view can also be defended, but the aim
> from src point of view is to be able to build a release without the need
> of a doc tree.

If there isn't already a knob to avoid building the docs in the new
release building system (like there was in the old one) then there
certainly should be.

Meanwhile, one of the virtues of having doc and src in the same svn repo
is the ability to have one canonical version of the documentation.

			-- OK Go