environment variables in Makefile for making web

Mniyardfa Jotawski jotawski at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 02:25:35 UTC 2011

Hi sirs,

I still stuck at chapter 8 of FDP Primer,  this time I wonder the meaning
or the purposes of each environment variables used in Makefile.  They are
as follow :-

WEB_PREFIX
WEBDIR
WEBBASE
DESTDIR

I raise this up since I try to get rid of /data from the default DESTDIR,
${HOME}/public_html by

% make WEBDIR= WEBBASE= all install

I still have /data under ~/public_html and all documents are sparsed among
many subdirectories.

Would you please explain me what the meaning or the pursoses of those
environment variables in Makefile ?

Many thanks in advance indeed for your times.

With Best Regards,
psr.

--
มะขาม คินเดินดน