docs/162597: Handbook section 12.14.3 example unclear.

Manolis Kiagias sonic2000gr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 20:40:05 UTC 2011

The following reply was made to PR docs/162597; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Manolis Kiagias <sonic2000gr at gmail.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, rvclayton at acm.org
Subject: Re: docs/162597: Handbook section 12.14.3 example unclear.
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 22:36:06 +0200

 We shouldn't really direct the user to check anything in GENERIC, since
 the device is  there by default. I suppose we could rephrase this to
 something like the following:

 "The GENERIC kernel already includes support for the md(4) device needed
 for this operation. When building a custom kernel, make sure to include
 the following line in your kernel configuration file:

 device   md   # Memory "disks"

 For information on building your own kernel please refer to
 <chapter/section ref here>."

 Would this be appropriate?