Fenestrating the Handbook memstick section

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Tue Jan 18 03:39:03 UTC 2011

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:

> http://www.linuxliveusb.com/
> http://www.linuxliveusb.com/en/about/license   ( GPLv3 )
>
> http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/
> ( GPLv2+ )
> ( Not recommended by SysRescCD )

These are both tools for converting an ISO image to a bootable memory
stick.  The first doesn't list FreeBSD as supported, the second has
reports of failure with FreeBSD ISO images in the forums.

But FreeBSD already has a memory stick image, we just need an
easy-to-use tool for Windows in order to get it written onto the stick.

Oh, and something I forgot to mention about Image
Writer/win32diskimager: no install or uninstall, just extract the files
to a folder and run.