trouble building www/

Manolis Kiagias sonic2000gr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 17:45:42 UTC 2011

On 02/18/2011 05:57 AM, Eitan Adler wrote:
>> Is this your first attempt in building the site, or was it something that
>> was working but suddenly broke?
>>
> The former - this is my first attempt.
>

>> Do you have the textproc/docproj-jadetex port installed?
>> I am autobuilding the website everyday on site.freebsdgr.org and it always
>> works.
>>
> I specifically installed textproc/docproj without jadetex support. My
> understanding from reading
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/fdp-primer/tools-optional.html
> that this is sufficient.

Yes, it is sufficient. There must be some other problem, either with the
way you checkout the files or with your environment.
Normally, I build using this method  (which requires having a local
mirror of the cvs repo):

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/fdp-primer/the-website.html#THE-WEBSITE-CVSUP

But you may also use the simple csup method here:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/fdp-primer/the-website.html#THE-WEBSITE-CSUP

(as I recall, this was my write up...)
I tried this on my second system today and it stopped because CVSROOT
was pointing to some non-existent directory (leftover in my environemt).
But setting CVSROOT to the same directory as the checked out files
worked fine.

So, just for testing, and to rule out any software problem, try using
this sample supfile:

*default host=cvsup10.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/var/db
*default prefix=/home/eitan/build
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
doc-all
www
ports-base

(Note: you may have to run csup as root or adjust permissions on
/var/db/sup to run as user.  In any case just do a chown -R eitan
~/build to make sure you can write there)

Then (assuming bash)
export CVSROOT=/home/eitan/build
cd ~/build/www/en
make all