The state of some of the man pages

Frank Leonhardt freebsd-doc at fjl.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 20:35:22 UTC 2011

I've been moved to join this list because some of the man pages are
driving me crazy; they're out of date.

Fortunately I speak fluent 'C', so I often end up diving into the source
code in order to find out what's really going on. But I'm currently in
the mood to do something more positive about it.

But how?

I'm not talking about fixing typos here; I'm referring to large chunks
of information that are simply missing. For example, 'top' does so much
more than the current documentation suggests.

If someone would be good enough to tell me how, I'm volunteering to
update the man pages as I go.

For the avoidance of doubt, I don't want to know how to create a man
page, I want to know how to submit updated man pages for eventual
inclusion in the next release.

Thanks, Frank.