creating doc page

Gabor Kovesdan gabor at FreeBSD.org
Wed Apr 13 14:12:13 UTC 2011

Em 13-04-2011 03:22, Mic escreveu:
> Hello!
>
> I decided to create my own help page about general settings of FreeBSD PC.
> So, I've read "fdp-primer" book (and parts concerning DocBook).
> DocBook seems to me very suitable for this task.
> SGML file is ready, but some instruments for creating html page (openjade and tidy) are not so easy to involve.
If you want to use DocBook for your own documentation, I encourage you
to use a newer, XML-based version, preferably DocBook 5.0. That lets you
customize the output easier through XSLT stylesheets. You can also use
Apache FOP to generate a very fancy pdf.

However, if this is something you want to submit to FreeBSD to be
integrated into the documentation set, you cannot use XML because it is
not supported in the doc tree yet. But in this case you don't have to
worry because doc committers can take care of polishing the formal
requirements of the document.

Regards,
Gabor