doc correction

Spring, Jeremy Jeremy.Spring at us.lawson.com
Mon Sep 20 20:03:41 UTC 2010

Hello,

I setup nat translation and port forwarding on my FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE machine.  It took me a while to get this working because I had to find out by trial and error that the interface to forward packets through is NOT the interface connected to the Internet as the documentation suggests, but rather, is the interface connected to my private network.

My final nat command string is:
/sbin/natd -redirect_port tcp 10.13.55.4:3389 3389 -n em1

where em0 is connected to the Internet, em1 is connected to my private network, and I want to forward incoming RDP traffic destined for my public facing IP to 10.13.55.4.  The documentation suggests that I should be using my Internet facing interface (em0), but this doesn't work.  The documentation I am looking at is at http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-natd.html.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Jeremy

Jeremy Spring
Software Engineer - Systems
Lawson Software
380 St. Peter Street | Saint Paul | Minnesota-55102
Direct: 651-767-6094
www.lawson.com<http://www.lawson.com/>