cvs commit: doc/fr_FR.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/multimedia chapter.sgml doc/fr_FR.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mirrors chapter.sgml

Remko Lodder remko at elvandar.org
Sun Sep 12 14:38:17 UTC 2010

On Sep 12, 2010, at 4:34 PM, Gabor PALI wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Remko Lodder <remko at elvandar.org> wrote:
> Yes, it does make sense to keep them in CVS, because it takes a hell lot more time to get them translated again then to update the various pieces.
>
> I think I know this very well.
>

> Note that I the things that you are suggestion are striking me as one of the translation teams. We (doc-nl) will decide for ourself whether or not we update documentation and whether or not we will be keeping 'stale' documents around.
>
> Obviously.  I am just curious, because I do not see too much sense to keep outdated translations in the tree.

Having translations in the first place makes people trigger, when I started the doc-nl project, there were translations in progress all the time and people got onboard because someone showed
an example. Currently Rene is keeping up the translations because I have severe time problems :) (like anyone); so the stick went on. If at some point Rene cannot keep up and I have issues
too, then the translations remain { Up to some point ofcourse } so that a new potential one can keep it up. If we were to remove those things, it would become impossible to keep it up, someone
has to start the translations from the ground up, which is an effort that not many people can and want to take { been there done it, got the translations ready! }

 :)

Cheers
:r

--
/"\   Best regards,                        | remko at FreeBSD.org
\ /   Remko Lodder                      | remko at EFnet