Translation of the official FreeBSD web site and documentation

Rene Ladan rene at freebsd.org
Thu Oct 28 14:10:48 UTC 2010

On 28-10-2010 15:02, ArIoN wrote:
> Hello. I want to take part in the internalization(translation) of
> official FreeBSD web site and documentation into Ukrainian language
> (Ukraine, Kyiv).
> Where to start?

The first thing to do is to familiarize yourself with the way the
documentation and the website are written. You can find this in the
FreeBSD Documentation Primer at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/
or look at existing translations.

After that, you could start translating and send in the patches as e.g.
problem reports so that they can be committed to the documentation tree.

Good luck,
Rene
--
http://www.rene-ladan.nl/

GPG fingerprint = ADBC ECCD EB5F A6B4 549F  600D 8C9E 647A E564 2BFC
(subkeys.pgp.net)