docs/152645: Improve Porters Handbook. Explaing sourceforge links

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 29 14:22:54 UTC 2010

On 2010/11/29 14:15, Aldis Berjoza wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 12:08:36 GMT pav at FreeBSD.org wrote
>
>> Synopsis: Improve Porters Handbook. Explaing sourceforge links
>>
>> State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
>> State-Changed-By: pav
>> State-Changed-When: Mon Nov 29 10:25:54 UTC 2010
>> State-Changed-Why:
>> I'm not sure what kind of documentation you expect to exist in PH on this
>> topic. I have writted some basic introduction into the new MASTER_SITES
>> macros,
>> see here
>>
>>    http://hood.oook.cz/porters-handbook/makefile-distfiles.html#AEN1507
>>
>> Do you have other ideas what to add?
>>

>> Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-doc->pav
>> Responsible-Changed-By: pav
>> Responsible-Changed-When: Mon Nov 29 10:25:54 UTC 2010
>> Responsible-Changed-Why:
>> Track
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=152645
>
> Well colourful example, with real app could be useful...
> http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?p=112291#post112291
>
> Like they say: One picture is worth more than hundred words

The problem with your example is that you're not converting that URL --
the URL in that post is a webpage few redirects before the actual
download URL. Thus the mysterious omission of /files/ etc ...

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
               <pav at FreeBSD.org>