Wishes for Handbook.

Drey T drey.tee at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 09:23:49 UTC 2010

Hello.
i'm using freebsd handbook now from the very beginning and encountered
a problem with installing from ports:
I've read concerning article:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports-using.htm

and tried to install wget.
after make command system asked me about options:
OPTIONS=        GNUTLS "Support for SSL via GnuTLS" Off \
                IPV6 "Support for IPv6" Off \
                NLS "Native Language Support with gettext" On \
                OPENSSL "Support for SSL via OpenSSL" On

I've checked GnuTLS and OpenSSL both.
after it i got an error:

"sudo make
===>  wget-1.12_1 GNUTLS and OPENSSL are mutually exclusive, enable at most one of them.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/ftp/wget."

and had stuck.

My buddy helped me, he adviced to type "make config" before "make"
And it helped me to recheck options.

You can insert to your article part about make config for others, who
would use this handbook to explore freebsd.
--
Hope this will help someone.