Writing Device Drivers needs updating?

Stefan Midjich swehack at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 16:09:38 UTC 2010

Hi

I'm trying to find the file of majors, /usr/src/sys/conf/majors, as i was
advised to read it from the online handbook.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/arch-handbook/driverbasics-char.html

I cannot find it though, does anyone know if it has been replaced or
something? I obviously have the full ssys set for 8.0-RELEASE but i've also
tried on an older 7.0 installation and it is not there either.

Perhaps this documentation needs updating.

Also the manual for mknod(8) mentions this file.

My question is where is the new version of the file?

--

Med vänliga hälsningar / With kind regards

Stefan Midjich
http://swehack.se/cv
https://www.swehack.se/cv