docs/153273: [HANDBOOK] 21.7.1 needs improvement

Aldis Berjoza aldis at bsdroot.lv
Sat Dec 18 16:30:12 UTC 2010

>Number:         153273
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       [HANDBOOK] 21.7.1 needs improvement
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Quote:
Normally, newfs(8) interprets the name of the disk and complains if it cannot understand it. For example:
# newfs /dev/gvinum/concat
newfs: /dev/gvinum/concat: can't figure out file system partition

In order to create a file system on this volume, use newfs(8):
# newfs /dev/gvinum/concat

It doesn't make much sense. bough commands are same.... I think the

Normally, newfs(8) interprets the name of the disk and complains if it cannot understand it. For example:
# newfs /dev/gvinum/concat
newfs: /dev/gvinum/concat: can't figure out file system partition

part should be removed