Fwd: Portmaster online man page

Daniel Gerzo danger at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 3 21:16:31 UTC 2010

On 3.8.2010 20:57, Doug Barton wrote:
> A user sent me this message today, and I have to confess that I'm
> totally ignorant of the process of how it got there, or what I need to
> do to get it updated. :) Can someone point me in the right direction?
>
> It's actually not crucial to force an update right at the moment since
> I'll be releasing a new version soon, but if there is something
> automated somewhere that needs a kick ...

I haven't checked with the version we really have in 8.1-R, but how did
the guy come up to a fact that the man page is not being updated
correctly? Many times people get confused because of the footer at the
end of the man pages rendered online (which says 7.2-R) but that is only
because the man pages are being rendered on that system, however the
actual contents are fine. Could you confirm?

It might be that the man pages has not been updated yet, too; although I
believe that's not the case.

--
S pozdravom / Best regards
   Daniel Gerzo, FreeBSD committer