sgml source file for handbook

ไพรัช ศรีโยธา pirat at tint.or.th
Thu Sep 3 09:41:35 UTC 2009

Quoting Gabor Kovesdan <gabor at FreeBSD.org>:

> ไพรัช ศรีโยธา escribió:
>> hi sirs,
>>
>> i have found this one from where it is kept when i do cvsup -g -L 2
>> doc-supfile.
>> it is /usr/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install/chapter.sgml.
>>  i wonder if it is a sgml source file for handbook for translating
>> or not
>>
>> i am very sorry for disturbing the list quite often about this and
>> apologized me too.
> Hi,
>
> yes, this is the source for the installation chapter.

many thanks indeed.  many years ago, i use to translate the how-to
contribute to fdp or so into thai for those thai who is interedted in
freebsd.  it is  one of articles if i remember correctly.

i will do it again and sub mit to fdp.

> Some recommendations:
> - Use /usr/share/examples/cvsup/doc-supfile as a starting point.
> Change the host to a mirror that is fast for you. Change the prefix
> to a path that is convenient you. Leave the doc-all distribution. In
> this way, you will get all the documentation, including common files
> and existing translations.

normally, i only change -h to the fastest one from fastest-cvsup -c
local package output.  many thanks for your suggestion indeed.

> If you have doubts, you can always check how existing translations
> handle that case.
> - Use csup. It is faster.
> - Always leave a comment in source files noting, which is the
> English revision your translation is based on. SGML comments look
> like this:
> <!-- Original revision: 1.25 -->
> - You can check how it is noted in the Greek or Hungarian
> translations and later on, you will be able to use our script to
> maintain the documentation up-to-date.

once again many thanks for your kind helps and hints.

> Regards,
>
> --
> Gabor Kovesdan
> FreeBSD Volunteer