Russian freebsd.org translation

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Sat Oct 10 19:32:47 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 10:47:21PM +0400, Oleg Ginzburg wrote:
> My docs/139161 is still open too. Send-pr for documentation is not
> effective method for translation ;(

The effectiveness of send-pr varies by committer interest :-)  Whether
or not the PR is for translation isn't really the issue.  It's that one
of the realities of collaborative, volunteer, projects is that often
things don't happen immediately.

The path to a commit bit is traditionally "send N PRs, a committer
notices that these are good PRs and then proposes a candidate for a
commit bit."

There's really nothing I can recommend except persistence and patience.
That's the route I had to travel.

mcl