Russian freebsd.org translation

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Sat Oct 10 05:31:11 UTC 2009

On Oct 9, 2009, at 8:36 PM, Владимир Романов wrote:
> In the freebsd.org there is russian-translated part, but it is
> outdated.
> For example FAQ and Handbook is 2009-dated in English, but
> only 2006 in Russian. Why?

Evidently no one has updated that particular field for the RU version,
although the HTML documentation on the website is rebuilt from SGML
sources periodically (roughly daily).

> If there is no translators, who can update it, i can do it. I want
> to translate FAQ/Handbook to Russian

Great, thanks for your interest-- please see the FDP, then use send-pr
to send your changes as PRs for the doc committers and others to
review.  See:

   http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/
index.html

Regards,