Maintenance of FreeBSD 8.0 Release Documentation

John Marshall john.marshall at riverwillow.com.au
Fri Oct 2 07:09:32 UTC 2009

Who looks after the FreeBSD Release Documentation (Release Notes, etc.)
and what is the proper way for submitting update suggestions?

Since I started testing FreeBSD 8.0 back in July, I have been bitten
three times (HARD) by different changes in Kerberos (Heimdal went from
0.6.3 to 1.1.0).  I have been reporting my questions, findings and
patches to -current@ but that doesn't address the documentation.

I would think that the Release Notes would be the appropriate place to
give at least a summary of some of the changes included in the release.
If I look at
<http://www.freebsd.org/relnotes/CURRENT/relnotes/new.html#CONTRIB>
there is not even any mention of the Kerberos (Heimdal) upgrade: the
OpenSSH upgrade is mentioned but the upgrade version number is wrong.

So, what should I do? or is posting this email all that I need to do?
I have not been able to find the 8.0 Release Notes source in CVS.

Thank you.

--
John Marshall