[RFC] Article on freebsd-update-server

Manolis Kiagias manolis at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 23 18:35:39 UTC 2009

Gabor PALI wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> 2009/11/19 Manolis Kiagias <manolis at freebsd.org>:
>
>> The source is here:
>>
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~manolis/patches/freebsd-update-server/article.sgml.txt
>>
>> And the build:
>>
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~manolis/patches/freebsd-update-server/index.html
>>
>> Please send us any comments and suggestions  on content, format or whatever!
>>

> I have created a modified version of your version on freefall, and I put there:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~pgj/patches/2009/11/22/article.html
>
> You can find the modified sources as well as a diff against the
> original one (my comments are added inline as comments) here:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~pgj/patches/2009/11/22/article.sgml.txt
> http://people.freebsd.org/~pgj/patches/2009/11/22/article.diff
>
> I hope it helps.
>
> Cheers,
> :g

Thanks Gabor,

I will integrate this patch, probably later on tonight.
Anyone who would like to comment on this version, please do.
By request of Jason (and other people) the final title will be "Build
Your Own FreeBSD Update Server".

Any ideas on how to provide the link to experts-exchange? Is the
"Acknowledgments" idea acceptable?
We could also add @cperciva here, I think Jason mentioned he got some
info from him.