PC Tools November Newsletter

PC Tools newsletter at email.pctools.com
Mon Nov 23 05:04:15 UTC 2009

PC Tools Newsletter
----------------
To ensure you always get our emails, please add the domain @email.pctools.com to your Safe Sender list.

View online please click the link below:

http://email.pctools.com/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBADQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VDVwgtpgLyHnL30eV%0D%0Aollik%3A%2F%2FLuHptQiJlhhtkQJhu%2FkLjNtLl%2FOLIkplL%2F0LkihgkLzghju%3FpcuktGmeytkeuuesXmonXOaidX2833XQTAmGdoczgfseebtd9osg

Spyware Doctor™ with AntiVirus 2010 wins PCMag.com Editors' Choice Award

In this edition we'll be covering:

• PCMag.com Editors' Choice Award

• AntiMalware testing and how we compare

• Recent Malware threats to look out for

Each year we strive to develop more effective software to meet our
customers’ changing needs. One way we measure our effectiveness is by
listening to independent industry experts when they review our latest
release. Neil J. Rubenking from PCMag.com recently completed his
review of Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus 2010 and we’re thrilled to
announce it won the PCMag.com Editors’ Choice Award.

PCMag.com Editors' Choice Award
"The latest Spyware Doctor proved effective in every area of malware
removal and blocking. It’s a great product.” - pcmag.com October 15, 2009.

This accolade confirms that the 2010 release of Spyware Doctor with
AntiVirus delivers what customers need, highly effective detection,
elimination and blocking of Malware.

Read the full review

http://email.pctools.com/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBADQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VR

AntiMalware testing and how we compared "Spyware Doctor also set a
new record in the malware blocking test, scoring 9.7 of 10 possible points."
- pcmag.com October 15, 2009 .

Testing product effectiveness involves two stages; the detection and
elimination of current Malware infections and the blocking of new
Malware threats. The effectiveness of the product is tracked via a
points system and Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus performed
outstandingly scoring 9.7 out of 10 points.

Read more about the testing approach

http://email.pctools.com/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBADQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VS

See how Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus 2010 compared against other
products
http://email.pctools.com/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBADQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VT

Recent Malware threats to look out for Malware Spam Blasts.

Cybercriminals are currently sending out mass email blasts
impersonating popular companies to install password stealing malware
on to users PCs. The emails look like they’re coming from a legitimate
source, as demonstrated in the recent ‘Facebook Password Reset Scam’
discussed on the ThreatFire™ blog. The purpose of this scam is to
deliver malware packages designed to infiltrate users PC with
malicious programs including; Koobface, Bredolab, and Zbot.

Learn more about this Malware threat on the ThreatFire™ Blog

http://email.pctools.com/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBADQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VU

• Net-Worm.Koobface is a network-aware worm that attempts to replicate
across the existing network(s) and also can be used to hijack certain
aspects of users' web browser functionality (such as homepage, search
page, and security settings).
• Trojan-Spy.Zbot.YETH is a rootkit trojan which steals online banking
information and downloads other malware as well.

Top Threats Below are some of the latest threats identified by PC Tools
Malware Research Center
http://email.pctools.com/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBADQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VSR
.

WORLD CYBERGAMES 2009
PC Tools is one of the official partners for the World Cyber Games
2009. Heats have recently been held around the world and national
finalists are now headed to the grand finals in Beijing on the 11th
November 2009.

PCMag.com Editors’ Choice Award Logo is a trademark of Ziff Davis
Publishing Holdings Inc. Used under license. Reprinted from
http://www.pcmag.com, October 15, 2009, with permission. Copyright 2009 Ziff Davis
Publishing Holdings Inc. All rights reserved.

Login to MyAccount

http://email.pctools.com/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBADQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VSSVGf6beVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnVKpkJhmglVVIHggLjV