docs/118332: man page for top does not describe STATE column wait events

Chris St Denis chris at ctgameinfo.com
Fri Jun 19 06:10:03 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR docs/118332; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Chris St Denis <chris at ctgameinfo.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, andrew.george.hammond at gmail.com
Subject: Re: docs/118332: man page for top does not describe STATE column
 wait events
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 22:51:33 -0700

 Not all states are listed. For example I have some processes spending a
 lot of time in state "*vm ob" but I can't find any info on what exactly
 this means.

 The man page should identify this, or point us somewhere that does.

 I suspect there is not currently anywhere that these states are
 comprehensively documented. There should be.